marleah

my adventures ... and mis-adventures, as they may be

Sunday, January 14, 2007

An Update

Class has started, but never fear - I am still finding plenty of time to craft! I am currently working on a scarf for Ryan, which will be pretty much identical to Dad's scarf. It's in the same yarn (since I had enough of it left, and Ryan likes dark green), and I'm double crocheting so that it goes pretty quickly. Just the other night, I finished my Caron Simply Soft scarf in blue. I posted long long ago about it (I started it in October), and it kept getting put on the backburner because of Christmas crafting and school and everything else. I haven't taken pictures of it yet, but I have worn it, and it's very warm.

I have joined my first swap at Craftster, and I'm very excited. I keep thinking of ideas that I can make (the requirements are one medium item and three small items), and then I remember that I don't even have a partner yet and I don't know what my partner will want! But the ideas I have are pretty adaptable to anyone's tastes, I think. Anyway, I will be starting to craft for that soon. I probably will not post until I find out if my partner received, just in case.

Swaps have always seemed so fun to me, but I've always been too intimidated to join. I was scared of the requirements (which really aren't that bad), scared I'd run out of time and/or flake on my partner, scared that my partner would not like what I made for them ... Thank goodness for newbie swaps!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home