marleah

my adventures ... and mis-adventures, as they may be

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Rainbow Pincushion - Close Up


Rainbow Pincushion - Close
Originally uploaded by marleah.

Check it out - my first pincushion! I do not usually sew, and I don't have a machine, so this is HANDSEWN, people! I did this for the Color Craftalong on Craftster. The color for January is "rainbow," so I found this fabric in my stash, and it turned out really cute. It took me about an hour to totally do (cutting, stitching, sewing, etc.), but if I had a sewing machine, that would speed it up considerably. I did have to wait a day so that I could go to Walmart and find the perfect button for the center - and I succeeded! I am just really proud of this. It's a little wonky on one side, where I had to close up the hole I used to stuff it (the opposite side that is pictured of course). It's still extremely cute, and I'm excited about it. It was fun to make.

Tutorial at http://www.whipup.net

2 Comments:

Blogger Lolly said...

Hi Marleah! The pincushion is so cute! Great colors!

I wanted to thank you for joining Project Spectrum, and for putting up the note about it on Craftster. I didn't know there was another craft-along that did the colors the same way...

Best wishes,
Lolly

8:42 AM  
Blogger ~Mommy~ said...

Very cute!! Just what I was looking for. Thanks!

6:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home