marleah

my adventures ... and mis-adventures, as they may be

Friday, July 21, 2006

dreaming in moleskine:

I really really want one of the new Moleskine City Notebooks for Paris. Unfortunately, they haven't been released yet, but they will be out sometime this fall - luckily before our trip! According to the official UK site of Moleskine, they have been released in London; hopefully I don't have to wait much longer. I do not know how much they are going to sell for, but at this point, I'm ready to spend about anything on one. I mean, you could reasonably spend about $20 for a travel guide, $5 for a map, and another $10-15 or so on a Moleskine notebook to document your travels. That comes up to $35-40, so I could see spending that much on a Moleskine City Notebook. Of course, I hope they're a bit cheaper, because I would love to get one of every city they offer. That just gives me the excuse to travel more.

A person could even use these City Notebooks prior to visiting the particular cities. I could keep one each for London, Berlin, and New York right now, jotting down ideas of places to visit in the future when I do make it to those cities. It would also be interesting to keep one of these for the city that you live in, writing down your favorite places to eat, tour, etc. so that you can have a "tourist-weekend," giving yourself the opportunity to visit places in your city that you would not typically get to experience. It would also be handy for when friends and family (or couchsurfers!) come to visit - you wouldn't have to take time to plan things out or wonder where to go, because it would be right there in the notebook.

Anyway, I can't wait. I'm sure I'll use a good chunk of my extra financial aid for buying some of these, but who can resist?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home