marleah

my adventures ... and mis-adventures, as they may be

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

can I get a break here?

Ok, so it's been a while. I've been busy, what are you gonna do about it?

The trip to Austin was a lot of fun. We ate at a restaurant that used to be the Real World: Austin house, which was delicious, hung out at Coyote Ugly and the Dizzy Rooster, and (oh yeah) attended the Southwest Psychological Association convention. A good time was had by all, and the beds at the Mariott-Capitol Hotel ROCK! Unfortunately, the stay at the hotel was not really worth the cost - no continental breakfast, pretty outrageous prices on using the Internet, and $4 bottles of water. But ... the beds were nice.

So I actually had a few days where I did not even think about doing homework. Of course, that means that when I was back, I had a lot of catching up to do. Catching up that I am still working on catching up on.

Last night I got nothing done because when Ryan went to replace our old doorknob on our front door, he found that it was a giant doorknob that required a big hole to be made in the inner part of the door. That means ... we need a new door. Got his dad, along with his pickup, and went over to Home Depot (again) and picked out a door that cost about $200. We brought it home and ... (drumroll) ... it's 2 inches too tall! So now there is a door sitting in our hallway, and Ryan has to get his dad again and return the door tonight, then special order a door that will fit into our frame. How did we get to be so lucky??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home